Milk in coffee is one of the basic elements of the Italian breakfast. But actually in the summer, with the heat, it’s not always a good idea. Do you want to know why? Continue reading.
Milk in coffee in the summer: that’s why it can hurt
Breakfast must often hurt. As for the possible side effects, we can talk about many things.
- First of all, the intake of doses high with coffee it may not be recommended for anxiety, bleeding disorders, certain cardiovascular problems, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, glaucoma, and osteoporosis.
- Intake of milk is not recommended in case of lactose intolerance or milk allergy. But even for those with gastritis or irritable bowel problems, they can have problems. So it would be better to choose soy milk or other types of plant milk.
- In addition, the coffee in the cappuccino can interfereephedrinewith certain antibiotics, with clozapine and with other active ingredients.
- Experts have often pointed out that the binding of abundant milk and coffee leads to the production of a mixture that is difficult to digest, because it generates the formation of albumin-tannate which, in turn, takes about three hours to digest.
- If it is drunk after dinner, it can be undigested and coffee can make you sleepy
In summary, this drink can interfere with many things in the body and can hurt in the long run. It is a good drink but not particularly nutritious. The main vitamin found in it is vitamin A, the level of which, however, depends on the milk used for its preparation. This vitamin has an antioxidant effect that is quite important for vision and skin, but nothing special.
How much milk should you drink per day?
According to nutrition experts, you must limit yourself to three portions a day of milk and yogurt, for a total amount of about 350 ml; three portions a week of cheese, fresh (about 100 grams per portion) or aged (maximum 50 grams per portion). Avoid it above all for those with diabetes or gastrointestinal diseases. Drinking too much milk can cause cardiovascular problems.
Coffee: not an enemy, but don’t overdo it
What do we say about coffee? Hot coffee does not contribute to providing energy, on the contrary. It can dehydrate you even more. Nutritionists recommend drinking no more than 3 coffees per day, about 4 hours apart. But in the evening it would probably be better to avoid it if you have problems with insomnia. It is also not good for those with anxiety and tachycardia as it can only help to increase them.
In the summer it is better to avoid milk and coffee, but do not overdo these elements even individually!